This is episode 34 of Adventures in Supply Chain podcast. We are pleased to present the Data and Tech in Supply Chain Video Series with guest Rick Watson, E-Commerce Expert.
Our guest, Rick Watson, after spending the last 20 years as a technology entrepreneur and operator exclusively in the eCommerce industry with companies like ChannelAdvisor, Barnes & Noble.com, Merchantry, and Pitney Bowes, started his own business to help with incubating and growing direct-to-consumer businesses.
Rick has been a featured speaker at nationwide news programs such as Bloomberg Surveillance and Bloomberg West, as well as at a number of retail-focused industry events including NRF Shop.org, ECommerce Europe, ETail West, and others.
In this episode we talk about the following:
- What are the most common challenges that e-commerce companies face? Is it Marketing or Supply Chain?
- Where are cost savings opportunities?
- What is the role of data and technology in e-commerce companies?
- If a company needs to choose a particular area where to invest in technology, what’s that area? And why?
- Thoughts about the battle between UPS and Amazon?
- What companies that are already in business and want to scale should do?
- What companies that want to start or developing more their e-commerce channels should do, in particular those that are doing B2B?